Tuesday 22 January 2013

Tourists

9th January Well we are back from Bandung, we arrived safely and returned in one piece. It was the in between that caused the headache. As we got off the train we were fleeced by money grabbing taxi drivers: no meter Madame - wanted to charge us 50,000 instead of 18,000Rp No blue bird taxi so we got in an old jeloppi and were charged 50,000 instead of 18,000Rp Asked to be dropped off at outlets couldn't get a reliable taxi back wanted to charge us 50,000 instead of 18,000Rp Ollie dragged me round outlets for 5 hours. it got dark, we were lost and the traffic was horrendous with the occasional beggar thrown in to jollify the proceedings. I was so glad to see the hotel I could have wept. As you can imagine we had room service for dinner. We were totally drained. We got the hotel shuttle back to the train station this morning therefore avoiding all the thieving taxi drivers. It was pleasant to arrive back in Jakarta where the people are more use to foreigners and do not feel the urge to fleece them at every opportunity. Ollie had diarrhoea in the early hours of the morning not to severe probably just the change in diet. Ollie left at 16.30hrs to do wait for it...... More shopping. It's now 19.00hrs and he has not returned. When he asked me did I want to go with him, we'll a I am sure you can imagine what images and expletives went through my mind. Julian is out doing evening meetings and I am not sure when he will return. He is very busy so household chores are my dept. Just waiting on the washing to finish and earlier struggled upto the 8th floor with food shopping. All off to Bali tomorrow hope the weather is good, it has been very wet here for the last couple of days. The hotel pool is an outdoor one therefore I have not been able to swim since I arrived. For my piece of mind I use the gym. Ollie and I have a few mosquito bites between us so much for Julian telling us there aren't any in Jakarta. As Ollie says we are on the wild frontier whereas Julian is in a sealed environment all day. Appt, air-con taxi, malls and office.

No comments:

Post a Comment